This website is brought to you by Critical Publishing
We are an award winning, independent publisher producing up-to-date resources which help students, teachers and practitioners in education, social work and health survive and thrive.
The Practice Educator’s Companion has been specifically produced for Practice Educators (PEs) in social work education.
It provides guidance and resources with an emphasis on the application of key skills and knowledge embedded within the PE role. Whether you are newly trained or more experienced and wishing to build up your expertise there is content here to help and support you.
Subscriptions are available to individuals and organisations.
The Ten Units Included in Your membership
- Introduction and Overview
- Values and Ethics
- Preparation, Planning and Induction
- Personal Safety
- Enabling Learning
- Dealing with Difficulties
- Reflective Practice: developing critical thinking and reflection
- Continuing Professional Development for PEs